What do you DESIRE out of Life?
Have you noticed what you desire is personal to you?
Is it hard to get passionate about someone else’s desire? Unless it’s family, and friends.
When you get right down to it, you are the one that has to have the Desire and Drive to achieve whatever your goals and mission in life.
Strong desire is not wishing.
Every person who wins in any undertaking must be willing to burn his ships and cut all sources of retreat. Only by so doing can one be sure of maintaining that state of mind known as a BURNING DESIRE TO WIN, essential to success.
Desire is always personal.
- THE STARTING POINT OF ALL ACHIEVEMENT
Wishing will not bring success. Whatever your definition of success is. Earl Nightingale had a great definition.
Success is the progressive realization of a worthy goal or ideal.
But desiring success with a state of mind that becomes an obsession, then planning definite ways and means to acquire success and riches, then backing those plans with persistence which does not recognize failure, will bring what you desire.
SIX STEPS TO ACHIEVING WHAT YOU DESIRE
1. Fix in your mind the exact amount of money, health and success you desire. Or whatever it is that you desire. It is not sufficient merely to say “I want plenty of money, or I want to be healthy and successful.” Be definite as to the amount, the success and what health looks like. (There is a psychological reason for definiteness).
2. Determine exactly what you intend to give in return for the success, health and money you desire. It can be any number of other desires. It’s your choice. (There is no such reality as “something for nothing.”)
3. Establish a definite date when you intend to possess the health, money and the success you desire.
4. Create a definite plan for carrying out your desire, and begin at once, whether you are ready or not, to put this plan into action. Action breads confidence.
5. Write out a clear, concise statement of the amount of money, health and success you intend to acquire, name the time limit for its acquisition, state what you intend to give in return for the money and success. Describe clearly the plan through which you intend to accumulate it.
6. Read your written statement aloud, twice daily, once just before retiring at night, and once after rising in the morning. AS YOU READ—SEE AND FEEL AND BELIEVE YOURSELF ALREADY SUCCESSFUL AND IN POSSESSION OF THE MONEY.
Here is where YOUR BURNING DESIRE will come to your aid. If you truly DESIRE SUCCESS so keenly that your desire is an obsession, you will have no difficulty in convincing yourself that you will acquire it.
The object is to want success, however you define that and to become so determined to have it that you CONVINCE yourself you will have it.
Only those who become “success conscious” ever accumulate great riches, have the health and success they so desire.
One must realize that all who have accumulated great fortunes, the Warren Buffets, Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, Henry Ford, and others first did a certain amount of dreaming, hoping, wishing, DESIRING, and PLANNING before they acquired success and money. They had a passion and desire to be the best at whatever their chosen field of endeavor. Specialized Knowledge will propel you to success.
DEFINITENESS OF PURPOSE
In the book, “Atlas Shrugged,” one of Ayn Rand’s main characters is asked, “What is the most depraved kind of human being? Her answer would likely surprise most people, since she doesn’t suggest a murderer, or rapist, or other sex offender. Her answer is, “The man without a purpose.”
The complement to desire is PURPOSE.
The knowledge of what one wants, and a burning DESIRE to possess it. What is your purpose?
Many people struggle with their purpose in life. Some know it from an early age, and yet others are old and grey still trying to figure it out.
This changed world requires practical dreamers who can, and will put their dreams into action. The practical dreamers have always been, and always will be the pattern-makers of civilization.
Those who are afraid of new ideas are doomed before they start. Never has there been a time more favorable to pioneers than the present. True, there is no wild and woolly west to be conquered, as in the days of the Covered Wagon; but there is a vast business, financial, and social media world to be remolded and redirected along new and better lines.
To win the big stakes in this changed world, you must catch the spirit of the great pioneers of the past, whose dreams have given to civilization all that it has of value, the spirit which serves as the life-blood of our own country— your opportunity and mine, to develop and market our talents.
Let us not forget, Columbus dreamed of an Unknown world, staked his life on the existence of such a world, and discovered it!
If the thing you wish to do is right, and you believe in it, go ahead and do it! Put your dream across, and never mind what “they” say if you meet with temporary defeat, for “they,” perhaps, do not know that
EVERY FAILURE BRINGS WITH IT THE SEED OF AN EQUIVALENT SUCCESS
Thomas Edison dreamed of a lamp that could be operated by electricity, began where he stood to put his dream into action, and despite more than ten thousand failures, he stood by that dream until he made it a physical reality. Practical dreamers DO NOT QUIT!
The Don’t Quit Poem
When things go wrong, as they sometimes will,
When the road you’re trudging seems all uphill,
When the funds are low and the debts are high,
And you want to smile, but you have to sigh,
When care is pressing you down a bit,
Rest, if you must, but don’t you quit.
Life is queer with its twists and turns,
As every one of us sometimes learns,
And many a failure turns about,
When he might have won had he stuck it out;
Don’t give up though the pace seems slow–
You may succeed with another blow.
Often the goal is nearer than,
It seems to a faint and faltering man,
Often the struggler has given up,
When he might have captured the victor’s cup,
And he learned too late when the night slipped down,
How close he was to the golden crown.
Success is failure turned inside out–
The silver tint of the clouds of doubt,
And you never can tell how close you are,
It may be near when it seems so far,
So stick to the fight when you’re hardest hit–
It’s when things seem worst that you must not quit.
– Author unknown –
JOIN US FOR OUR UPCOMING SOCIAL MEDIA SEMINAR SERIES
1. Google My Business – Better Search Results in Google! Jan. 21st
2. Visuals for Business – How to use visuals Feb. 4th
3. Facebook Ads – How to create, implement & gain sales Feb. 18th
4. Social Media Marketing for Realtors Feb. 25th
5. Tools & Apps for Business – Gain more hours. Mar. 4th
6. YouTube & Video – Business Branding Mar. 18th
7. Blogging – Generate leads & get new customers Mar. 25th
8. Twitter for Business – The fastest way to spread content Apr. 29th
Blair Evan Ball is a Social Media Coach and founder of Prepare1, a company that works with businesses, individuals and non-profits. He is a former executive with a Fortune 50 company, and his national division did $1Billion+ in sales annually.
Blair has written three e-books: Facebook for Business Made Easy, Facebook Pages for Business Made Easy, and WordPress Blog Setup Made Easy.
Blair also educates, trains entrepreneurs and business professionals how to amplify their brand, increase revenues, and raise more funds.
The Race is ON! |PREPARE | Get into the Game and WIN!