Are you ready yet for another Facebook Newsfeed change?
Are these constant changes a positive for you and your business or a negative?
The updated algorithm means that users can expect more news and story links to appear in News Feeds, especially on mobile.
“Starting soon, Facebook we’ll be doing a better job of distinguishing between a high quality article on a website versus a meme photo hosted somewhere other than Facebook when people click on those stories on mobile.
A Pew Research study released in October found that 30% of U.S adults get news on Facebook, and more than three quarters of those consumers get news while on the site for other reasons. This is where the article recommendations come into play.
Facebook’s analysis reveal that on average people prefer links to high quality articles about current events, their favorite sports teams, or shared interests to the latest meme. Some business owners I talk to, tend to disagree with Facebook’s assessment. What’s your take?
People are connecting and sharing more than ever. As a result, competition for each News Feed story is increasing. With the content in News Feed always changing, Pages will notice a change.
- There’s a good chance that this will affect Facebook pages organic reach, especially those Pages that do not have quality content. Many will find that their reach has dropped.
- Pages will need to pay more attention to engagement, and be more proactive.
- The updates are a reflection of Facebook’s continued push to make the platform the place to go to stay up-to-date on what’s happening around you.
- Businesses will need to create new Social Media Marketing Strategy around these changes in order to bump those stories higher in their News Feed.
- Facebook notes that page admins can try advertising and boosting posts to make up for the loss in reach
Remember, Facebook went public 18 months ago, and now their key driver is AD REVENUES and quarterly profits to investors. Without AD REVENUES Facebook will die. These changes are designed to drive revenues.
Are these latest Facebook News Feed changes going to be best for Small Businesses with limited budgets?
The race is on, and you are in it.
GET IN THE GAME
Join us for one of our upcoming Social Media Marketing Workshops. Learn first hand, how to succeed in business and life using these tools.
Contact us if you need coaching, SEO or putting together a Social Media Strategy or policy for you or your business.
Blair Evan Ball