Your mission? Your gifts? Your dreams and aspirations?
Are you engaged in work and activities which mirror your highest values?
Or are you like most people who have put that on a shelf and just continue to live day to day?
There’s something magical about clearly defining Your Definite Chief Aim or Purpose in Life. Most aspire to do it, most do not.
One of the outstanding tragedies of this time we live in of money, fast paced technological change is the fact that so few people are engaged in the effort which they like best.
All great leaders base their leadership upon a DEFINITE CHIEF AIM (PURPOSE). Followers are willing followers when they know that their leader is a person with a DEFINITE CHIEF AIM (PURPOSE), who has the courage to back up that purpose with ACTION!
The man who labors without a DEFINITE PURPOSE that is backed by a DEFINITE PLAN for its attainment resembles the ship at sea that has lost its rudder. Until a man selects a DEFINITE PURPOSE in life he dissipates his energies and spreads his thoughts over so many subjects and in so many different directions that they lead not to power, but to indecision and weakness.
If you struggle…
Sit down and define your purpose and chief aim in life. There’s something about clarity of purpose.
Before your purpose could be considered definite…Let’s take money as an example.
- You would need to be specific.
- You would need to be clear about the method through which you intend to accumulate that money.
- If it’s a business, product or service, what sort is it?
- What location would this be?
- Who would be involved?
Here are some examples of companies and individuals with a DEFINITE CHIEF AIM.
- Wrigley – He concentrated on the production and sale of a five-cent package of chewing gum and turned this one idea into billions of dollars.
- Thomas Edison – He concentrated on inventions, and in some cases 5,000+ times failing to make light. He told people that he was that much closer to success. He’s uncovered more useful inventions, 1,500+ patents that any other man who have lived.
- Helen Keller – Concentrated on learning to speak, despite the fact that she was deaf, dumb, and blind, yet realized her DEFINITE CHIEF AIM.
- Mark Zuckerberg – His DEFINITE CHIEF AIM of wanting to connect everyone around the word through the internet has come true with his vision of FACEBOOK.
Anyone can “Start” but only the thoroughbred will “FINISH!”
There is one thing that you can do better than anyone else in the world could do it. Search until you find out what this particular line of work is, make it the focus of your DEFINITE CHIEF AIM, and then organize all of your forces and attack it with the belief tat you are going to WIN!
In your search for the work for which you are best fitted, it will be well if you bear in mind the fact that you will most likely attain the greatest success by finding out what work yo like best, for it is a well known fact that a man generally best succeeds in the particular line of endeavor into which he can throw 100% of his whole heart and soul.
From the very moment that you make this choice, this purpose becomes the dominating thought in your consciousness, and you are constantly on the alert for facts, information and knowledge with which to achieve that purpose.
What is your purpose in life?
The race is on, and you are in it.
Join us for one of our upcoming Social Media Marketing Workshops. Learn first hand, how to succeed in business and life using these tools.
We are working on some new exciting workshops for 2014. Social Media Marketing for Realtors. Feb. 26th at the Collierville Chamber of Commerce.
Let us know if you have some compelling needs that need to be solved.
Contact us if you need coaching, SEO or putting together a Social Media Strategy or policy for you or your business.
SEO on a Consulting only Basis