Social Media Velocity and the pace of change is accelerating…we process more information in one year than our forefathers did in a lifetime. That explains why our time fly’s. Consider the following:
- Every minute there are 45,138 tweets sent on Twitter. Just two months ago it was 31,250.
- It took 38 years for radio to reach 50 million users. The Ipod…3 years…Facebook 100 million in 9 months.
- There are more than 200 million active users currently accessing Facebook through their mobile devices.
- More than 30 billion pieces of content (web links, news stories, blog posts, notes, photo albums, etc.) shared each month on Facebook.
- 65% of consumers now go online for information before making a buying decision.
- More video is uploaded through YouTube in 60 days than all 3 of the major US networks created in 60 years.
- 2 Billion + videos viewed daily on YouTube, nearly double the prime time audience of all 3 major networks combined.
- 75 million users on LinkedIn, over 200,000 groups.
- 12 million businesses market their business on LinkedIn.
So what does that mean for you? Your business? Your future?
If you are not on-board with Social Media and it’s marketing potential, you are falling further behind the competition each day. Business is moving FAST, and the Internet never sleeps.
- Beat your competition.
- Improve your Google Rankings.
- Turn your customers into evangelists.
It’s not time to panic yet, however it is time to Prepare. Successful companies are listening first, selling second, boosting sales and revenues. Get in the game today.
Let me know your thoughts.