Prepare to number your days. A few years ago while listening to one of the speakers at a seminar, I was taken back as to his approach with the remaining years of his life. While certain not a Gen Xer, his philosophy could have been compared to those with only a short time left here on earth. He had a large jar of marbles in his bathroom, and each week he would withdraw one marble. This was a constant reminder to him, that life has only so many years, make them count!
In today’s fast paced world, it’s easy to get caught up in the moment and lose sight of our goals. One day melts into the next, and one day we wake up and wonder what happened to our plans and dreams.
Some have already committed to their goals for 2011. Dan Miller here in Tennessee who is a Career Coach made the deadline each year November 15th to have all his goals set for the following year. Zig Ziglar states without clearly defined goals, you simply can’t achieve the success you want!
So what’s holding you back?
- Fear of Failure?
- Fear of Success?
- Fear of the unknown?
- Fear of the economy?
Here are 5 steps in helping your set goals.
1. Make the commitment to reach your goal. “One person with a commitment is worth a hundred who only have an interest.” Mary Crowley.
2. Commit yourself to detailed accountability. Record your progress toward your goals every night, and list the six most important things you need to do the next day. Daily discipline is the key to reaching your goals.
3. Build your life on a sold foundation of honesty, character, integrity, trust, love, and loyalty. This foundation will give you an honest shot at reaching any goal you have set properly.
4. Break your intermediate and long-range goals into increments.
5. Be prepared to change. You can’t control the weather, inflation, interest rates, Wall Street, etc. Change your decision to move toward a goal carefully–but be willing to change your direction to get there as conditions and circumstances demand.
Social Media Marketing can plan a pivotal role in helping your reach your goals, whatever they may be. Whether it’s Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, these Social Relationship tools can propel you forward and put you on the fast track to achieving your goals.
Average life expectancy in the United States currently is 78 years, how much time do you have left to accomplish great things? Press on.
Let me know how you are using Social Media to achieve your goals and dreams.